Buffalo Event - Friday, November 6, 2009!

Here is where we post UNYOUG events. The latest three entries show up on the right side of the main page for registration.
sam
Site Admin

Buffalo Event - Friday, November 6, 2009!

Post by sam »

UNYOUG Event
Friday, November 6, 2009

Buffalo State College
Butler Library 210
1300 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo NY 14222

Area Map: http://www.buffalostate.edu/pdf/campusmap.pdf
Parking: See below

Download Agenda & Abstracts

Presentations:

Oracle Business Intelligence Overview and Roadmap
Victor Stewart, Oracle Corporation

11gR2 - The Deep Dive
David Foster, Oracle Corporation

Oracle VM Architecture
Joe Hoot, SUNY ITEC

Agenda:

8:30     -     9:00    Registration and Networking, Continental Breakfast
9:00     -     9:15    Welcome
9:15     -    10:15   Oracle Business Intelligence
10:15   -    10:30   Break
10:30   -    11:30   11gR2 - The Deep Dive
11:30   -    12:30   Lunch
12:30   -     1:45    Oracle VM Architecture
1:45     -     2:00    Break
2:00     -     3:00    TBD
3:00     -               Raffles & wrap-up

**Free Parking on Campus**
Parking permits will be required to park on campus.  Register for the meeting as soon as possible, and a permit will be mailed to you.  When you register, include the address that you would like the permit mailed to.  Lots Y and A1 are closest to Butler Library, but check the campus map for student lots.

A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.  We need a count of persons attending to properly plan for this event.  If you are planning to attend, please pre-register for the meeting here:  http://www.unyoug.com/register.php.

Membership & Fees:
UNYOUG membership is $20 per year.  The fee for non-members is $10.

Thanks!
Last edited by sam on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sam
Site Admin

Post by sam »

Victor Stewart, Principle Consultant, Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Corporation

This session is focused on providing a high level technical overview of the Oracle Business Intelligence Platform.  During the session we will be discussing Oracle Business Intelligence integration with other key Oracle Applications and Technologies and providing an update on our product roadmap.
sam
Site Admin

11gR2 – The Deep Dive

Post by sam »

11gR2 – The Deep Dive
David Foster, Oracle Technology Guru, Oracle Corporation

As business operations become more complex, the demand for change in IT increases accordingly, complete with associated risks that must be mitigated. Today's IT professionals are being asked to manage more information, and deliver that information to their users, with ever increasing quality of service, in a timely manner. And, in today's economic climate, IT is additionally tasked with reducing budgets and deriving greater value out of its existing investments.

Oracle Database 11g Release 2 provides the foundation for IT to successfully deliver more information with higher quality of service, reduce the risk of change within IT, and make more efficient use of their IT budgets. By deploying Oracle Database 11g Release 2 as their data management foundation, organizations can utilize the full power of the world's leading database.

Dave Foster lives in Rochester New York. Within the NATO SC DB/Grid organization, Dave supports Oracle database, ULDBs, Exadata, DB Security, Enterprise Manager, RAC and Data Guard.  Dave has over 30 years experience in Power, Bio-gen, Pharma and Financial industries.
sam
Site Admin

Oracle VM Architecture

Post by sam »

Oracle VM Architecture
Joe Hoot, Technical Lead, SUNY ITEC

This session is an overview of the Oracle Virtual Machine architecture from a high level to as low as you can go without getting out your binary calculator.  In this presentation I will discuss the components of Oracle VM, the advancements that Oracle has made over the last few months, and some tips when rolling out a new OVM environment.

I have worked in the IT industry for 13 years as a system administrator, network engineer, system integrator, and other titles that might not reflect the work I do.  Basically, I've been playing with networks, operating systems, and telephony since I was a kid.  Over the last few years I've focused on IBM AIX pSeries and Linux primarily, in addition to Cisco networking equipment and HP, IBM, and Dell EqualLogic SAN storage.